Skip to main content

Ecclesiastical Endorsement Process

All new and returning (students returning from a break from school for any reason including mission, suspension of any kind, etc.), continuing, intern, or study abroad students must obtain an ecclesiastical endorsement through their current bishop or university chaplain. The endorsement must be renewed annually at the beginning of each calendar year and kept current in order for a student to continue enrollment at BYU–Hawaii.

New or Returning Students - Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement (NRSEE)

  1. New or returning students can apply for admission or readmission using the Church's website: After the application is completed, the student's ecclesiastical leader should see the student's application in the Leader and Clerk's Resources (LCR) site on The bishop can then complete the endorsement process.
  2. Go to and follow the prompts to obtain a NRSEE.
  3. For additional assistance, contact Admissions at (808) 675-3738 during Hawaiian standard time business hours or at If a NRSEE paper copy is needed, visit the Office of Honor at Aloha Center Room 136 or download the New or Returning Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement Form.

Continuing (Current) BYU–Hawaii Students

  1. All continuing students must begin their ecclesiastical endorsement renewal process by first going to
  2. Complete the following steps:
    1. Select "Student" from the homepage.
    2. Select "Continuing/Currently Enrolled."
    3. Select "I am currently enrolled at BYU–Hawaii."
  3. Sign in using your Church username and password.
    Note: After signing in, link your BYU–Hawaii account to your Church account. To do this:
    1. Select "Use this Account", acknowledge and agree to the Terms of Use, then return to
    2. Select "Go to Account Linking."
    3. Select "Link a BYU–Hawaii Account" and sign in with BYUH credentials.
    4. When the accounts are linked, refresh or reload the endorsement webpage.
  4. Review and recommit to the CES and BYU–Hawaii Honor Code.
  5. Review and confirm the ward if correct then continue to complete the endorsement request.
  6. Schedule an appointment and meet with your winter 2023 bishop or university chaplain to obtain an endorsement.
  7. Bishops can submit their endorsement via For assistance with accessing the site, please contact our office at

If you have questions or need assistance regarding ecclesiastical endorsement standards or other endorsement-related questions, please call the Office of Honor at (808) 675-3531. If a Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement paper copy is needed, visit the Office of Honor at Aloha Center Room 136 or download the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement.