ONLINE OFFICE HOURS
The Office of Honor is closed to face-to-face meetings beginning March 18, 2020.
The Office of Honor manager will continue to fully function during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm. No students or guests will be physically invited to the office. The OOH manager will be available through phone, email, or video. We encourage you to be in contact with the manager for any of your questions or concerns.
We pray for you, your health, and your continued academic success. Take comfort in the Lord's awareness of you as His beloved children. We are here to help you in any way we can.
CES HONOR CODE
Brigham Young University–Hawaii (BYU–Hawaii) and other Church Educational System institutions exist to provide an education in an atmosphere consistent with the ideals and principles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That atmosphere is created and preserved by a community of faculty, administration, staff, and students who voluntarily commit to conduct their lives in accordance with the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ and who strive to maintain the highest standards in their personal conduct regarding honor, integrity, morality, and consideration of others. By accepting appointment, continuing in employment, being admitted, or continuing class enrollment, each member of the BYU–Hawaii community personally commits to observe these Honor Code standards approved by the Board of Trustees “at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9):
- Be honest.
- Live a chaste and virtuous life, including abstaining from any sexual relations outside a marriage between a man and a woman.
- Respect others, including the avoidance of profane and vulgar language.
- Obey the law and follow campus policies.
- Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, vaping, and substance abuse.
- Participate regularly in Church services (required only of Church members).
- Observe Brigham Young University–Hawaii’s dress and grooming standards.
- Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code.