"We should live wisely in protecting ourselves from bodily harm, but, in reality, whether we live a long or short life upon this earth is of relatively little consequence in the eternities. What really matters is our character and how we live. Living the life of a covenant-maker and covenant-keeper is of highest value, as that is the only way for us to fulfill our eternal purpose.”

–Elder Donald L. Hallstrom–


New or Returning - Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement (NRSEE)
For new and returning (not enrolled in classes for one semester) students, visit and follow the site prompts to obtain a NRSEE. For further assistance, please contact our Admissions department at 808-675-3738 during Hawaiian Standard Time business hours or at If a NRSEE soft or paper copy is needed, visit our Office of Honor for a copy or see the Honor Code website "Resources" tab at:
Continuing Student - Ecclesiastical Endorsement (CSEE)
All enrolled continuing undergraduate, graduate, intern or study abroad students are required to obtain a CSEE for each new academic year, in accordance with University policy. Their endorsement is submitted online to their Winter Semester Bishop and received by the Office of Honor before class registration for an upcoming semester can . Priority registration for upcoming semesters may be delayed if a student does not have a renewed endorsement for a new school year. To avoid registration delays and renew her or his endorsement, continuing students:
1. Open the website:;
2. Sign-in using their individual BYU-H ID and Password;
3. Complete the 5 online steps, especially reading and re-committing to BYU-H's Honor Code - then submits the application to their Winter Semester Bishop;
4. Sets up an appointment and meet with their Winter semester Bishop to request his endorsement; and then,
5. Bishop submits the endorsement via to the Office of Honor. If Bishop needs assistance with accessing the site, please contact the Office of Honor at or at 808-675-3531 during business hours.
If a CSEE soft or paper copy is needed, come to our Office of Honor for a copy or see the Honor Code website "Resources" tab at:


First Time/Returning Student Endorsement

If a person is applying to BYU-Hawaii for the first time or has missed a full Winter or Fall Semester, they should go to to complete their endorsement.

LDS Students

LDS students may only be endorsed by their current year, winter semester bishop of the ward where they resided.

Non-LDS Students

Non-LDS students are to be endorsed by the bishop of the LDS ward in which they currently reside, or the BYU-Hawaii chaplain.


Whether on or off campus, all students are expected to abide by the Honor Code, which includes: the Academic Honesty Policy, the Dress and Grooming Standards, and the Residential Living Standards.

LDS students must fulfill their duty in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, attend Church meetings, and abide by the rules and standards of the Church on and off campus. Students who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are also expected to maintain the same standards of conduct. They are encouraged to participate in services of their preferred religion.

Withdrawn Ecclesiastical Endorsement

A student's endorsement may be withdrawn at any time if the ecclesiastical leader determines that the student is no longer eligible for the endorsement. Students without endorsements, except in unusual circumstances, must discontinue enrollment.