All new and returning (students returning from a break from school for any reason including mission, suspension of any kind, etc.), continuing, intern, or study abroad students must obtain an ecclesiastical endorsement through their current bishop or university chaplain. The endorsement must be renewed annually at the beginning of each calendar year and kept current in order for a student to continue enrollment at BYU–Hawaii.
New or Returning Students - Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement (NRSEE)
- New or returning students can apply for admission or readmission using the Church's website: apply.lds.org. After the application is completed, the student's ecclesiastical leader should see the student's application in the Leader and Clerk's Resources (LCR) site on churchofjesuschrist.org. The bishop can then complete the endorsement process.
- Go to endorse.byu.edu and follow the prompts to obtain a NRSEE.
- For additional assistance, contact Admissions at (808) 675-3738 during Hawaiian standard time business hours or at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a NRSEE paper copy is needed, visit the Office of Honor at Aloha Center Room 136 or download the New or Returning Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement Form.
Continuing (Current) BYU–Hawaii Students
- All continuing students must begin their ecclesiastical endorsement renewal process by first going to the following link: endorse.byuh.edu.
- Sign in using BYU–Hawaii ID and password.
- Complete the five online steps, paying special attention to read and recommit to the CES and BYU–Hawaii Honor Code.
- Submit the endorsement to your Winter semester bishop or the university chaplain if not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Schedule an endorsement appointment and meet with your winter semester bishop or university chaplain to obtain an endorsement.
- On-campus bishops can submit their endorsement via endorse.byuh.edu. For assistance with accessing the site, please contact our office at email@example.com.
- Off-campus bishops must submit a paper endorsement via email or in-person to the Office of Honor at Aloha Center Room 136.
If you have questions or need assistance regarding ecclesiastical endorsement standards or other endorsement-related questions, please call our office at (808) 675-3531. If a paper copy for continuing students is needed, visit the Office of Honor at Aloha Center Room 136 or download the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement.